WBRU GENERAL CONTEST RULES
- These rules apply to all WBRU contests, but individual contests may have specialized rules that make exceptions to the general rules. In that case, the individual contest rules govern.
- You do not to buy anything or pay money to WBRU to enter a WBRU contest. Some contests may require presence at a commercial location where products and services are sold. All WBRU contests are void where prohibited by law.
- You must be a legal U.S. resident residing in the following counties to be eligible to win: Providence, Kent, Washington, Bristol, Newport in Rhode Island; Dukes, Barnstable, Plymouth, Bristol, Middlesex, Norfolk, and Worcester in Massachusetts; and New London and Windham in Connecticut. Individual contests often have age limits. You are not eligible to win if you are an employee, volunteer, or staff member of WBRU, a record label or program supplier to WBRU, an employee of any other radio station in the Providence market or advertiser on WBRU, or a member of the household of any such person. One household may win only once every 30 days and only once a year for prizes worth $600 or more. One household may also win only once a year a prize of extraordinary value that cannot be accurately represented by a cash value. Such prizes will be determined at the discretion of the programming staff of WBRU, which is always final and may not be disputed in any court. Examples of extraordinary prizes include, but are not limited to, backstage introductions, soundcheck parties or “meet-and-greets” with WBRU artists. If a contest is not legal in any state, residents of that state may not participate.
- If you initiate a telephone call to WBRU to be in a contest, you agree that your call may be recorded and broadcast either live or at a later date and that WBRU may announce your name and use your voice on the air but is not obligated to do so.
- Some contests involve the discretion of judges, and you may not agree with the outcome. However, the decision of the judges is always final, and neither the outcome nor the judging method may be contested in any court.
- WBRU may substitute another prize of equal value and is not responsible if a sponsor offering a prize fails to provide it. Winners may not transfer prizes to another person, and may not demand a cash substitute.
- Winners may be notified by telephone, mail, or on the air. Winners may be required to claim their prize in person, Monday through Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., at 88 Benevolent Street, Providence, RI 02906. Winners must claim prizes within 15 business days of being notified, or the prize will be forfeited. Some individual contest rules specify shorter claim periods. Winners of prizes valued at $600 or more must provide their Social Security number for reporting to the Internal Revenue Service before the prize is delivered.
- WBRU is not responsible for any damages or injuries that may occur, directly or indirectly, with regard to the award, use or delivery of any prize. Winners and guests, if applicable, may be required to sign a liability and publicity release form before receiving any prize.
- WBRU reserves the right to amend or change contest rules after giving notice on the air.
- With respect to any entries received online or by telephone, neither WBRU nor any of its agencies are responsible for any telephone, technical, network, electronic, computer, hardware or software failures, malfunctions, or disconnects of any kind, or misdirected, illegible, incomplete, stolen or garbled, fragmented, or delayed Internet/email computer transmissions or network/ISP/Website/or internet accessibility.
Individual contest rules are posted separately at http://www.wbru.com/category/individual-contest-rules/.
Read More: Contest Rules | 95.5 WBRU | http://www.wbru.com/contest-rules/