Future WBRU: What To Expect
Dear WBRU listeners,
As you may have heard, WBRU-FM will be moving off the FM airwaves the morning of Friday, September 1st at midnight. But, we are not going away! All the WBRU music you love will still be available in online streams at wbru.com and in our soon-to-be-released mobile app. We hope you and all of our loyal listeners will continue to tune in to WBRU at wbru.com/.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Two 24/7 music streams going online this week, plus expanded coverage of local news and the local music scene planned for the near future. One stream dedicated to alt rock, the other to our 360 programming.
- A new weekly news podcast with exclusive and in-depth stories, including panel discussions with a group of activists and experts who will break down one of the biggest stories of the week and what it means to our listeners.
- WBRU’s long-running Sunday program ‘The 360 Degree Experience in Sound’ is steadfast in its commitment to the greater Providence and RI black and incarcerated communities. We plan on continuing that on-air tradition by finding another station to carry our Sunday programming and are currently in search of that new signal.
- A new 360 produced show, Amplifier, will highlight the amazing work of existing Providence organizations that work with Black, Brown and marginalized people.
- Sound Wave: Rhode Island, a podcast that will explore the rich past and present of the music community in Rhode Island with in-depth interviews, exclusive new music, and interviews to illuminate New England’s musical history. This will be just the first of a new collection of content that is artist-centric and tells interesting stories about a place with an incredible arts community.”
- A daily email newsletter from WBRU News
- A full commitment to become a digital hub for the best in local music and events. WBRU will broaden our regular programming as well as expand our role in the local music community.
We hope you join us as we move to a 21st century platform with greater potential for creative expression and community service. We greatly appreciate your support and loyalty and look forward to seeing you online.