Exposure for Tuesday, March 20
The big news this week was the Shins’ new album, Port of Morrow, finally dropping. Five long years since Wincing the Night Away and the Shins — or, rather, James Mercer — sound better than ever. With a new lineup and supremely nostalgic-slash-joyful odes to love, the Shins are poised to enter a new and fabulously creative era.
THAT BEING SAID…I’m saving the new tracks for later this week, after I’ve had time to soak in the glorious sounds and choose the right tracks for your big, happy ears. Trust me, even at first listen there are some gems. So stick with me; it’s gonna be sick.
Meanwhile, I can’t get enough of the Big Pink.
- All Mankind, “Can You Hear Me?”
- Howler, “Back of Your Neck”
- Lana Del Rey, “Video Games”
- Morning Parade, “Headlights”
- Miniature Tigers, “Sex on the Regular”
- Lights, “Siberia”
- The Big Pink, “Hit the Ground (Superman)”
- Finding Clyde, “Get Higher”
- Tribes, “We Were Children”
- tUnE-yArDs, “Gangsta”
- Sleigh Bells, “Comeback Kid”
- Oberhofer, “Away Frm U”
- Father John Misty, “Hollywood Forever Cemetery Sings”
- Bon Iver, “Holocene”